As I am a Type II diabetic, all recipes on this website are low carb and diabetic friendly.
Coffee Mocha Pot de Creme
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 T Instant Coffee
- ¼ C Very Hot Water
- ½ t Vanilla Extract
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 3 Drops Liquid Sucralose
- 1 Oz 65% Chocolove Bar Or One Third Bar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour the heavy cream into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring the cream to a brief simmer, add chocolate and stir to melt.
- Mix hot water and instant coffee and add to cream.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, vanilla, and Splenda. Temper the yolks by gradually whisking the hot cream into the yolk mixture.
- Pour the egg-cream mixture into 4 ramekins, filling about ¾ full. Fill a baking pan with ½” inch hot water. Carefully place the ramekins in the water bath and bake for about 20-25 minutes, the center should still jiggle just a bit. Remove the pan from the oven and let the ramekins cool in the water for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve chilled with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 4 Servings
- 272 Calories, 3.1g Protein, 5.7g Carbs, .8g Fiber 4.9g Net Carbs
- This recipe may easily be doubled or even tripled.
- I used to use Nevada Manna chocolate chips for all kinds of things and unfortunately I don’t think they are making them anymore. They have not been available through Netrition or Amazon for a very long time but I find the 65% Chocolove bar to be an extremely good replacement. It only has 12 net carbs per third bar (six little squares) and divided by four 3 net carbs per person. Every once is a while I pop one little square and just suck on it till its gone and 2 carbs are not going to kill anyone.
Low Carb Scams http://low-carb-scams.com/